Planning a dinner party is one thing, but corporate event planning in Minneapolis is an entirely different beast. Here at Event Lab, we have a wealth of experience on both ends of the spectrum, and we know how difficult it can be to go it alone. Whether you’re new to corporate event planning or have been organizing business lunches and crucial conferences for years, we’ve got the know-how, services, and inventory you need to make your event a success.
Today, we’re taking a look at one of the most essential parts of corporate event planning—the thing that comes before set-up, catering, and just about everything else. That’s right, it’s the all-important venue! Here’s how you can nail down that perfect location.
1. Outline the Details of Your Corporate Event
Whether you’re assembling an entire team or going it solo, you’ll need to have the details of your corporate event ironed out and communicated to the relevant parties before you can begin venue hunting. It might seem a little trite, but try putting pen to paper and gathering the goals, logistics, and numbers together in one place. You might be surprised at how complete a picture you have once your various documents, notes, and emails are combined! This will also allow you to easily share a summary of the key facts with anyone who needs to be brought up to speed.
These are just a few questions that you should be able to answer before beginning your Minneapolis venue search:
- Do you want to own the venue search, or would you prefer to partner with an event planning professional who can aid in the hunt?
- Approximately how many people will be attending?
- What is the theme of the event?
- How large does the venue need to be?
- How will guests travel to the event? Is Downtown Minneapolis the most convenient location, or would a suburb be more appropriate? And is there ample parking?
- How will the event proceed? Will attendees be seated at large or small tables, and will they need space to mingle before or after the main program?
- Will the event be catered, and how much space will the caterer need to set up?
- What kind of weather is likely around the time of the event? If your event falls during the frigid Minnesota winter, will you have the space and budget necessary to store coats or protect the floor from muddy shoes?
- By what date do you need to have a Minneapolis venue booked?
- Are there events of similar sizes taking place at the same time? Will you be competing for venue rentals?
2. Settle on Your Venue Budget
All of those details you gathered together will allow you to calculate your venue budget. At this stage, it’s perfectly acceptable not to have a single number down to the cent. There are a variety of other factors that can affect your final spend, after all, from the caterer you choose to go with to the decor you need to transform the space. A reasonable range should be enough to help you narrow your Minneapolis venue search down to some realistic options. Just be sure not to cut things too close as the event approaches—the last thing you want to do is go over budget!
3. Tour Some Minneapolis Venues
Once you know how much you’re able to spend on renting out a space, you can begin compiling a list of potential Minneapolis venues that fit within your budget. If you don’t have the time to tour them all in person, get as much information as you can online—many venues offer virtual tours or post galleries showcasing their space. They may also have an Instagram, Facebook, or other social media account that will give you a good idea of whether or not a specific venue might work for your corporate event.
You might find yourself working on a tight timeline, leaving you with zero time to visit even a single venue—talk about unsettling! But that’s where we can help. At Event Lab, our decades of experience in event planning and management have resulted in strong relationships with a number of esteemed Minneapolis venues. Don’t hesitate to reach out for help with site selection.
4. Book Your Corporate Event Venue
Once you find that perfect spot, it’s time to put your name on it! Ideally, you’ll book your venue as far in advance as possible. Larger conferences held at hotels tend to be booked a year or more in advance! If your corporate event is decidedly smaller, you should still get a move on and reserve your space now. With your venue nailed down, you’ll have the freedom to continue with your corporate event planning, from contacting a professional caterer to renting tables and chairs that complement the space.
Find the Perfect Venue With an Event Planning Professional
Looking for event rentals in Minneapolis? In need of some help managing the logistics of a large corporate event? The experts at Event Lab are ready and waiting to assist you with every stage of your corporate event, from selecting the venue to coordinating travel when the day arrives. Reach out today to learn more about how we can ease the stress of corporate event planning.